The expectations facing women today are overwhelming. For the wife and mother, she is expected to be an expert housekeeper, organizer, taxi driver, cook, child psychologist & parent, and a lover to boot. Working women have it even harder. And yet, women are more isolated and in need of encouragement in their roles than ever before.
At the Gathering, we understand this need, and are eager for women of all ages to connect and build relationships. And so, our Women’s Ministry opportunities are many and varied:
• Women’s Bible Studies – A place to grow your faith and knowledge of God’s Word while finding encouragement, prayer, and relationships with other women. Childcare available.
• Gathering Moms of Tots – A group of young moms in Roxborough that meets every other Wedsneday/Thursday morning so that our kids (ages 0-5) can play and so that we can connect with other moms. For dates and locations, email Kendra at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Women’s Coffee House – Ladies, please come join us for coffee, fun, a chance to laugh, relax and meet new friends. Please bring your friends!
• Fun events – Craft nights, play dates, women’s dinner or dessert nights out, and more…
• Outreach/Care – Connecting with women around us and serving their needs together.
Each week we will watch a video and have a discussion. The 12 different topics are: A Call to Wise Up, The Heart of Wisdom, A Wise Friend, Learning Wisdom from a Fool, Wising Up at Work, Wising Up with our Money, How Wisdom Looks on a Wife, Wisdom for a Woman’s Sexuality, Wisdom for Moms, Wisdom with Words, The Wisdom of Restraint, and Wisdom to Go Your Way in Safety. There is no workbook and no homework.
Where: Ken Caryl Baptist Church, 8395 W. Ken Caryl Ave., Littleton 80128
Cost: $10.00 for start-up materials, $5.00 per family per week for Childcare